[odb-users] Inverse and composite Id

Sean Clarke sean.clarke at sec-consulting.co.uk
Wed Mar 1 15:41:49 EST 2017

On 1 March 2017 at 16:12, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> The error suggests that you have it the other way around (Id is in B, not
> A, and A points to B). Assuming this is the case, my guess would be that
> the header that contains A doesn't include the one containing B. See
> Section 6.3, "Circular Relationships" in the manual for details on the
> issue and possible solutions.

​Hmm... OK, thanks Boris.

I have double checked (obviously because my classes are not really called A
or B)​ and the case above is a reflection of what I am doing, but I did
report the error in the wrong file (sorry):

> /<path>/odb_gen/B-odb.hxx:385:70: error: ‘image_type’ in ‘class
odb::access::composite_value_traits<A::Id, (odb::database_id)2u>’ does not
name a type composite_value_traits< ::A::Id, id_pgsql >::image_type
value_value;

Thanks for the info on circular relationships, I have followed your
instructions (although I was achieving the same result before) and I still
get the same problem.

Will keep on playing and investigating....

Regards
Sean Clarke