[odb-users] Bad allocation exception thrown when executing query

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jul 11 11:02:47 EDT 2017

bxt161230 at utdallas.edu <bxt161230 at utdallas.edu> writes:

> I need am facing exceptions, both in release and debug, with exceptions
> thrown while executing a query.

Try to run your application under a debugger and get the stack trace of
where exactly the exception is thrown.

> Is this behavior because my table has 10000 entries and there is not
> enough memory to store this data?

This depends on how much data is stored in each row/object and how much
RAM you have. You didn't say which database you are using so it is
hard to reason about any additional memory used for caching, etc.