[odb-users] VS2017

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Dec 12 02:17:36 EST 2017

Matthias Ruess <mruess at gmail.com> writes:

> I want to update my VS2013 projects to 2017 and have two questions:
> Should ODB 2.4.0 compile with VS 2017 version 15.5?

Yes, though I would recommend that you use the latest pre-release (we
use[1] it ourselves with VS 15):

https://codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/odb/pre-release/b.3/

> Will there be a new version of odb in the next 2 or 3 months or will it
> take longer?

This is the timeframe (i.e., early next year) we are aiming for but it
may take longer.

> Is the next version of libodb-mysql part of the vcpkg ports like
> libodb-sqlite?

The vcpkg package of libodb-sqlite was not done by us (in fact, this
is the first time I am hearing about it) so can't say anything about
libodb-mysql.

Both will be (in fact, already are[2]) packaged for bpkg. And
libodb-mysql will be usable with both MySQL and MariaDB client
libraries (and even on Windows).

[1] https://build2.org/
[2] https://stage.build2.org/?q=mysql