[odb-users] Postgres comment feature via ODB

Crispus Attucks unusual.exception.thrown at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 11:07:13 EST 2017

Hi, I have been skimming the documentation and have been trying to figure
out whether there is a way to take advantage of the "comment" feature[1] in
Postgres.  Is this possible in odb?  (It would be nice to have the
"--generate-schama" option generate the comments so I can attach metadata
to columns.)

If this is not a feature and not a development priority, perhaps you could
point me to where I could begin investigating how to intercept the
--generate-schema output for postgres (as well as the easiest way to tack
on some new pragmas.)  Moreover, some guidance on how to iterate over the
fields and data types before the "create table" sql is generated would be
helpful.  In many cases, I want to be able to "plug in" to your system
right before the schema for a database table is created.

Thank you for a very nice product and thanks in advance for any response.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-comment.html