[odb-users] Creating native mysql views

Vassilios Kountouriotis b.kountouriotis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 05:27:30 EDT 2017

Hello,

I'm in the process of incorporating odb into my project and I've
successfully managed to create all the objects mapping to database
tables. I can't say that I've me with the same success when it comes
to views.

I have read the manual, and specifically, chapter 10
(http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/manual.xhtml#10) says:

> Note, however, that ODB views are not mapped to database views. Rather, by default, an ODB view is
> mapped to an SQL SELECT query. However, if desired, it is easy to create an ODB view that is based
> on a database view.

Reading on, I see how to create views (not server-side but
my-project-side) based on persistent objects, existing unmapped tables
and even custom queries. Unfortunately, I cannot find how to instruct
ODB to actually create a view object on the server, i.e. issue a
"CREATE VIEW AS SELECT ......" command.

Is something like this not possible?

Thanks

--