[odb-users] segfault in query in Fedora 24

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Sep 29 11:18:28 EDT 2016

Hi Matt,

Matt Walker <leafless.matt at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fedora 24, the odb dnf packages are available, and i installed libodb
> and libodb-mysql that way, but odb wanted a g++ downgrade (the default dnf
> version is 6.2.1), so I just grabbed the binary from code synthesis.

You mean you grabbed the ODB compiler binary, right?

> I tried compiling in both C++11 and c++03 mode, it still seg faults on
> instantiating the query template object. I have attached the abrt backtrace
> to this email.

This is a problem between your application and libodb* runtime libraries.
I don't believe the ODB compiler is relevant here. And the stack trace
looks like an ABI mismatch:

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/using_dual_abi.html

Can you make sure that your application and the libodb* libraries are
compiler with the same version of GCC and with the same -std flag.
As an aside, we like to make fun of Windows in this regard and look
where we are. What a mess.