[odb-users] persisting objects increases long-term memory usage (with sqlite)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Oct 31 06:25:06 EDT 2016

Hi Jose,

jose miguel mut <jmmut at ebi.ac.uk> writes:

> I think that ODB might be caching some statements, so I would like to
> know if it's possible to not cache anything.

ODB doesn't do any caching that would result in continuous memory growth.
For a single persistent object it would prepare and cache the statements
but that would stay constant whether you perform 10 or 10M operations on
this object.

This is seems to be an SQLite problem/limitation. I found this discussion
which seems to be about the same problem and it has a number of suggestions
that you could try:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15255409/how-to-reduce-sqlite-memory-consumption

Also, if you find a solution or a better understanding of the problem, a
quick note to this mailing list would be much appreciated, in case others
hit a similar issue in the future.