[odb-users] Re: using ODB with cross-compiler x86_64-linux-gnu -> i686-w64-mingw

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Oct 10 10:06:13 EDT 2016

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Cunningham <odb at a-cunningham.com> writes:

> I am confused as to why you are trying to do this when the ODB compiler
> and libraries are available on Windows.

Some of us prefer not to leave the comfort of our Linux/Emacs and use
cross-compilers for Windows ;-).

What Sten is trying to do is use the GCC cross-compiler as the underlying
compiler for ODB. This can become important if you include some Windows-
specific stuff (e.g., <windows.h>) in headers that you compile with ODB;
if you were to use a native (e.g., Linux-targeting) ODB build, then it
won't be able to compile such headers.