[odb-users] table creation failure and odb log files

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue May 3 17:28:08 EDT 2016

Hi Ella,

Ella Vishnevsky <ellav at checkpoint.com> writes:

> I'm also compiling person.cpp, person2.cpp, person-odb.cpp and
> person2-odb.cpp. (static compilation)
>
> If I change from "m_db_3->query<person> (false); " to
> " m_db_3->query<person2> (false);" -> both tables will be created.

When you use static libraries (I assume that's what you mean by
"static compilation") only object files that are "used" are added
to the resulting executable. And by "used" I mean there is one or
more symbols in the executable that are satisified by the object
file.

See this thread for more information and potential solutions:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2013-May/001286.html