[odb-users] ODB cmake c++11 issue

Alain-Serge Nagni asnagni at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 14:39:03 EST 2016

Hello to all,  I'm new to ODB and I'm in the process of evaluating it. We develop on Linux and for our build system we do use CMake. I was able to have the basic examples (e.g.: hello) running by using Per Edin cmake build environ (https://github.com/BtbN/OdbCmake). That's good stuff. The problem that we are having now is that when we try to use C++11 / 14  features like shared_ptr the build fails with the following message:  ‘std::shared_ptr’ has not been declared
That is very strange because we added an intruction at the beging of the CMakeLists.txt file to inform the compile to use C++11/14 features. This is instruction we added to force the compile to switch to C++11/14: cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.1.0 FATAL_ERROR)
It looks like despite that instruction to force compiler to use C++11/14, ODB compiler sames to be stuck with C++98/03

Do anybody faced this problem and would anyone have a solution?

Thank you for your help,Jean-Louis