[odb-users] How to add a table to existing schema without dropping data?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jun 8 01:25:06 EDT 2016

Hi Ella,

Ella Vishnevsky <ellav at checkpoint.com> writes:

> I'm using the 2.1.1 odb version.

You may want to consider upgrading to 2.4.0 which supports schema
evolution.

> odb::schema_catalog::create_schema (*m_db_3," schemaName1 ");

Yes, this approach (i.e., packaging each new set of tables into a
separate schema name) is probably your best option if you can't use
schema evolution support.

Note, however, that the string literal should be "schemaName1",
and not " schemaName1 ".

> I'm looking for something like : "add table if does not exist"
> Is it possible?

Only with schema evolution.