[odb-users] "threads-sqlite" test case takes an extraordinary long time to execute

Andrew Cunningham odb at a-cunningham.com
Thu Jul 14 12:52:15 EDT 2016

With my build of SQLite , using all your SQLite #defines, the test ran in
1243.1s. ( not quite as long as I originally said, but still unexpectedly
long)

It's pretty clear based on profiling that the time is spent in
synchronization objects waiting on disk operations to complete.

I changed the Journal mode

"PRAGMA journal_mode = MEMORY"

and the execution time was 342s (4x faster). Still surprisingly long. The
CPU is idle nearly 95% of the time.