[odb-users] How to change the join type of relations in a view

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jul 11 10:56:27 EDT 2016

Hi Ali,

I am still thinking. Conceptually, LEFT JOIN is all we need for object
relationships. Practically, however, this is a different story, as you
have shown.

One idea I had is to add an option that will make the ODB compiler use
INNER JOIN for NOT NULL object relationships (and probably containers).
I still need to think some more on whether this is actually semantically
equivalent so any analysis for/against is welcome.