[odb-users] invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct odb::query_selector_impl<app_version, (odb::database_id)5u, (odb::class_kind)2u>’

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sat Jul 2 06:32:23 EDT 2016

Hi,

José Silva Monard <josesilvamonard at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to run a custom query (native view) [...]
>
> [...] I did not run the odb compiler, I do not need to.

Yes, you do. If you want to use views, you will need to compile the
headers where they are defined with the ODB compiler and include the
resulting generated code into your application.

If you only want to use the ODB runtime, without the ODB compiler to
perform the query, then you will have to manually create the statement
object, bind input/output buffers, execute the statement, and handle
the result -- tedious stuff that is done for you by the generated code.