[odb-users] Bug in qt/basic/pgsql/quuid-traits.hxx

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jan 20 12:05:17 EST 2016

Hi Артём,

Артём Бодрин <abodrin at gmail.com> writes:

> std::memcpy( i, v.toRfc4122().constData(), 16 );

Thanks for the bug report and the suggested fix! As you have discovered, it
appears PostgreSQL's binary UUID representation is big-endian in the RFC4122
layout. I've committed the fix that also addresses the receiving part:

http://scm.codesynthesis.com/?p=odb/libodb-qt.git;a=commit;h=ad72d3a438129df5158b3baf91623d3ab3e21b49

BTW, for those wondering if the boost::uuid mapping has the same bug, the
answer is no, since boost::uuid stores the data in big-endian/RFC4122.

> 4) odb is awesome! 8-))

Thanks, I am glad you are enjoying it ;-).