[odb-users] Delayed initialization of polymorphic_entry_for_X and create_schema_entry_

steffen at boast.nl steffen at boast.nl
Thu Jan 14 11:08:16 EST 2016

Hi,

I ran into a problem which I think is related to delayed initialization
of the variable polymorphic_entry_for_X.

I have a polymorphic object structure that is peristed to ODB, say A :
B. I now try to read all objects using database.query<B>(). Entities are
stored using perist(QSharedPointer<B>); Thus, odb is never (compile
time) made aware of the existence of type A in this case. I have two
applications with the same code; one works, one throws a "no type
information" exception?

By adding a reading database.query<A>() to the code, it works in both
applications. As the code is shared between the two application, the
only cause I can think of is a delayed initialization of
polymorphic_entry_for_A. Is that correct?

Also, can the same problem occur on create_schema_entry_? I have more
situations where I expect ODB to have knowledge of all my classes while
they are not explicitly used. To my current understanding of C++ you can
not guarantee this right? Should I make a (compile time) reference to
all the odb generated code to be sure, or am I missing something?

Greetings,

Steffen