[odb-users] libodb-mysql looking for libmysqlclient_r

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Dec 12 10:40:37 EST 2016

Hi Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Haupt <haupt.wolfgang at gmail.com> writes:

> afaik libmysqlclient has thread support integrated in the normal build,
> hence there is no libmysqlclient_r.so/a anymore.

Yes, it seems in more recent versions it is always multi-threaded and
the _r suffix was dropped. There are still older distributions though
that use _r.

> Is it possible to disable looking for _r postfix without patching the
> configure script, in the current stable release 2.4?

Not that I can see. If you can create a _r symlink while building, then
it should work (the result should look for the library without _r because
of the soname).