[odb-users] Re: incorrect view JOIN for inverse container relationship

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Aug 26 12:59:15 EDT 2016

Hi Tom,

In the future please don't reply to the digest since it makes email
subject and threading pretty useless. Please see Posting Guidelines
(specifically #2 and #3) for details:

http://codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

Tom Stoffer <tomstoffer at gmail.com> writes:

> After looking into the sql that the view generates, it seems it is trying
> to join on the employee_up table. As mentioned in my last post, up is an is
> inverse relation so does not have a corresponding table.
> I am not sure how the odb compiler works but I would have thought that this
> should be handled there? Is there some sort of flag that needs to be
> specified in the view to tell the odb compiler to switch the tables when
> generating the sql?

Yes, this should be handled auto-magically but the code that handles it
is not-trivial, to put it mildly.

Can you send a minimal but complete header that reproduces this issue?