[odb-users] Update the id of an object which has a relation with the other object

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Apr 26 10:03:26 EDT 2016

Hi Ali,

> > Sounds like a job for ON UPDATE CASCADE. I think this should work:
> >
> > #pragma db value_options("ON UPDATE CASCADE")
> > QList<std::shared_ptr<OTHER_CLASS>> m_otherClassList;
>
>   "value" INTEGER NULL ON UPDATE CASCADE,
>   CONSTRAINT "value_fk"
>     FOREIGN KEY ("value")
>     REFERENCES "KeywordIndex" ("id")
>     DEFERRABLE INITIALLY DEFERRED)

Yes, "ON UPDATE CASCADE" should be in the CONSTRAINT clause. I guess
that's why we have the on_delete pragma ;-).

I guess the two options are to manually tweak the schema to move it
to the correct place or to implement the on_update pragma. I could do
the latter but it will take me some time (pretty swamped at the moment).