[odb-users] persist non-member containers

MM finjulhich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 16:13:54 EDT 2015

On 25 September 2015 at 15:04, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> MM <finjulhich at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > What sort of work around is possible if I cannot change my global
> > container?
>
> The same workaround that you've been using for a while now: virtual
> members. With virtual members, the actual data can be anywhere as
> long as you can provide suitable accessors/modifiers. So if you
> create an object with a virtual data member that always returns
> your global container, and you only persist a single instance of
> this object, then that should do the trick.
>
> Boris

Thank you. I have implemented successfully this approach for 1 global
container.
Another global container is bigger in number of elements as it contains
history as well.
As the query statement I use loads the single instance of the wrapper
object, which then populates the global container while loading.
Is it possible in this case to use a view to filter on what is loaded for
the global container itself?

Rds,