[odb-users] odb persistence in a library

Christian Sell christian at gsvitec.com
Mon Sep 28 05:23:19 EDT 2015

Hello,

we would like to implement persistence functionality as a shared library module
which would hold mappings for the common classes and also provide an extension
interface through which new mappings can be introduced. The idea is that these
application-specific classes would extend the schema of the library module, such
that the application classes get stored in the same database.

My question is whether this is considered a supported use case, or if there are
issues we may be running into. Specifically, I am uncertain about the
implications for schema creation and schema migration (can 2 schemas that reside
in the same database be migrated independently)

Christian