[odb-users] persist non-member containers

MM finjulhich at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 06:16:18 EDT 2015

I have a global single process-wide std::unordered_map<const D*, double>.

>From the manual, i see the container needs to be a member of a persisted
class for odb to handle it. Also, that the key cannot be an object pointer.

The D instances are stored in a global boost::ptr_xxx container.
There is a 1-to-1 equivalence between a D instance and a
std::pair<std::string, unsigned>. Given a D I get a unique pair, given the
pair I can get a D uniquely.

What sort of work around is possible if I cannot change my global container?

Rds,