[odb-users] update object without caching the query result

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Sep 24 11:26:26 EDT 2015

Hi Tim,

Tim Tao <Tim.Tao at akunacapital.com> writes:

> Is there any way we can update an object without caching the
> query result ?
>
> I query the database and load() each result, it seems like this
> will cache the result in the application memory which is unnecessary.

There is a "query result", i.e., what's returned by the call to
query(), which, for some databases, may involve caching of the raw
data. When you call load() (presumably on result::iterator), you
load the "object". When you say "will cache the result", which
one do you refer to?

Also, it is always a good idea to show the code fragment.