[odb-users] Access relationships

Marcel Nehring mne at qosmotec.com
Wed May 6 03:16:19 EDT 2015

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your answer.

> Perhaps there is a solution to your problem right there in this
> techniques) that complicate your code to such a degree that you
> can no longer reason about the order of object creation. Keep
> things simple.

UoW and other patterns are present in more or less every ORM system I know of. I don't use any pattern for the sole purpose of using a patter. We faced some problems which could be solved with these patterns and so far I don't know any other solution. Our component under development is huge and as previous discussions have shown we push ODB to its limits. Luckily we didn't push it beyond them yet ;)

>> As a first step I thought on doing a topological sort based on
>> foreign key relationships between persistent classes and I was
>> wondering if ODB provides some kind of information in a way that
>> I could use to perform the sorting?
>
> No, ODB keeps no runtime information of this sort.

That's what it already looked like to me. Thanks for the confirmation.

Regards,
Marcel