[odb-users] Transient class member that is only used to load an expression

Tolga HOŞGÖR fasdfasdas at gmail.com
Fri May 1 16:20:40 EDT 2015

Hello Boris,

Thanks for the comprehensive answer. I guess I will keep the current view
approach then. Views work very well for this situation as you say. I also
have to query information if a bidirectional relationship exists or not and
I'd rather do it in the database side using a view instead of looking
through an ordered std::vector in the code. I am not using sessions anyway
so I am not really missing anything by using the views :).

Using an object-loading view with the load/query api idea feels a bit
unnatural, keeping it simple is probably better. ODB is already really
extensive and more features may make it a bit unappealing for starters.

Regads,
Tolga.