[odb-users] ODB on Mac OS X (was: Homebrew package 2.4.0)

Per Edin info at peredin.com
Tue Mar 24 11:38:40 EDT 2015

Hi!

Regarding ODB on Mac OS, the other day I had to upgrade to 2.4 from
2.3 while at the same time going from GCC 4.8 to GCC 4.9. I installed
GCC 4.9 using homebrew and then manually upgraded odb by executing the
following commands:

export CXX=g++-4.9

cd /code/libodb-2.4.0
./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
make install

cd /code/libodb-pgsql-2.4.0
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-libodb=/code/libodb-2.4.0
make
make install

cd /code/libcutl-1.8.1
./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
make install

I couldn't get the ODB compiler to compile with GCC 4.9 so I used 4.8 for that.

cd /code/odb-2.4.0
export CXX=g++-4.8
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-libcutl=/code/libcutl-1.8.1
make
make install

Worked like a charm.

/Per