[odb-users] Option -x ignored in profile.options file

Adnan RIHAN axel50397 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:12:20 EDT 2015

Hi !

It seems that “-x” options are ignored in profile .options files.

For instance, on my system, Qt’s directory is in: /home/me/Qt/lib

So when I install ODB, I need to specify some “-x” options to make ODB find my Qt’s lib directory. Basically, I need to add these lines to default.options:
> -x -F/Users/Max13/Qt/5.4/clang_64/lib
> -x -I/Users/Max13/Qt/5.4/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers
> -x -I/Users/Max13/Qt/5.4/clang_64/lib/QtGui.framework/Headers
> -x -I/Users/Max13/Qt/5.4/clang_64/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Headers

So I tried to move them from “default.options” to “qt.options” where it’s expected to belong. When I start ODB, it complains:
> In file included from :1:0:
> /usr/local/include/odb/qt/basic/sqlite/default-mapping.hxx:8:26: fatal error: QtCore/QString: No such file or directory
> #include
> ^
> compilation terminated.

I’ve tried to clean the qt.options file to make sure odb reads it, and it fails (so it reads and interprets the file).

And of course, “odb -v ...” doesn’t show the -x options I wanted to pass.

Am I right to expect ODB to read qt.options and interpret “-x” options?
--
Cordialement, Adnan RIHAN.
Directeur-Gérant de Eolis-Software, société de services informatiques.

GPG: 5675-62BA (https://keybase.io/max13/key.asc)
-> Si vous n'utilisez pas GPG mais souhaitez quand même m’envoyer un e-mail chiffré: (https://encrypt.to/0x567562BA).