[odb-users] #pragma view pointer() ignored on Windows

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jun 1 03:43:44 EDT 2015

Hi Adnan,

Adnan RIHAN <axel50397 at gmail.com> writes:

> I thought it would be a good idea to include the « include » folder
> from odb-2.4.0 [...]

Ok, I've added the following to the README. I guess these days you
not only have to explain what to do but also what not to do (shaking
my head):

"
Finally, note that the mingw\ sub-directory is internal ODB implementation
details and you should not need to know anything about its existence. In
particular, mingw\ contains the include\ sub-directory which in turn
contains what looks like libodb headers. You must not add this include/
sub-directory to your C++ compiler include search path (you would be
surprised how many people do this "for good measure" and end up with a
broken build).
"