[odb-users] on_delete

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 8 12:08:58 EDT 2015

Hi David,

David Sarrut <David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr> writes:

> it seems that when ondelete(cascade) pragma is used, the callback are not
> called for the "ondeleted" record, am I right ?

Yes, you are correct. ODB may be good, but it is not magic.

In fact, in the documentation of on_delete (Section 14.4.15)
there is a warning exactly to this effect. It starts like
this:"

"Note that this is a database-level functionality and care
 must be taken in order not to end up with inconsistent object
 states in the application's memory and database. [...]"