[odb-users] odb 2.3.0 runtime error symbol not found on Mac OS X Yosemite

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jan 30 05:08:54 EST 2015

Hi Paul-Sebastian,

Paul-Sebastian Manole <sebastian at minifarm.ro> writes:

> I’m using OS X Yosemite which might be the cause of this problem

You would be surprised how many emails I've got in the past couple
months that start with a sentence like that...

> cc1plus: error: cannot load plugin /usr/local/bin/../lib/odb/odb.so
> dlopen(/usr/local/bin/../lib/odb/odb.so, 10): Symbol not found:
> __ZN4cutl2re11basic_regexIcE4initEPKSsb

This symbol is from the libcutl library on which the ODB compiler
depends. My guess would be that this library is built with a
different C++ runtime library (you can verify this with otool -L).

Also, Adnan Rihan has also created a Homebrew package for the ODB
compiler. His seems to work:

http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2014-November/002209.html