[odb-users] 22021: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x93

Kenneth Moses kcm7 at case.edu
Sat Jan 17 10:54:18 EST 2015

Hello,

I am running a PostgreSQL database and compiling ODB with gcc 4.9.2.  The
code compiles just fine. However, I receive the above error when attempting
to persist an object. I have put a standard tracer within the transaction
and the error occurs every time at the same line. The SQL line is an INSERT
INTO command and does not appear to have any non-standard text in it. I
have run the exact same code (it was pulled from a repository online) on
several other machines and I do not receive the error. Any insight on the
problem would be much appreciated. Please let me know if there is any other
information that might be useful in troubleshooting the problem.

Thank you for your time,

Ken