[odb-users] error "unable to extract profile path" under OS/X 10.10

Christian Sell christian at gsvitec.com
Wed Jan 7 10:28:01 EST 2015

Hello,

I recently wrote a post regarding an issue running the prebuilt odb binary
under OS/X Yosemite. I always see an error message "unable to extract
profile path" which, according to another thread on this list, is caused by
ODB's  GCC backend crashing. That other thread leads to the recommendation
to rebuild the complete suite including GCC and ODB, but it also includes
Boris's statement that he would look into this. That was in September last
year.

My question: is there or will there be official OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
support anytime soon?  Rebuilding ODB and GCC from source is a non-trivial
task (especially given GCCs dependency trail), and it would be stupid if
everyone had to go through that. I'd be willing to contribute, if that's the
issue

Thanks,

Chris