[odb-users] Building ODB compiler on Windows using VC++

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Thu Feb 12 19:01:19 EST 2015

I have cloned the git repository for the ODB compiler and have Visual
Studio 2013.

How can I build the ODB compiler on Windows using Visual Studio ?

Although I have mingw and mingw64 I do not want to fool around with
MSYS, but if using MSYS is the only way to build odb on Windows I will
use that.

In the online instruction page for building odb on Windows it says:

"Building the ODB compiler from source code on Windows involves a custom
build procedure. If you absolutely must build the ODB compiler yourself,
write to the odb-users at codesynthesis.com mailing list for more information."

Although I do not absolutely have to build the ODB compiler from source
code I would like to keep up with source code changes using git and
build the compiler from source code myself rather than install it.