[odb-users] Where is the database file stored in the 'hello' example contained within the examples download

Rudy Depena rudy.depena at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 16:47:45 EST 2015

 I am familiarizing myself with the tool using the examples files that come
with the download <http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/download.xhtml>.
I am specifically using the hello example
<http://scm.codesynthesis.com/?p=odb/odb-examples.git;a=tree;f=hello;hb=HEAD>
persist person objects through a SQLite database.

After following the setup instructions via the INSTALL and README files in
the download, and executing the driver.cxx program, I see that person
object changes are committed to the database via t.commit() commands in the
file.

My question is: *Once the program is through executing, where is the
database stored?* Is it stored in the Release folder where C:\Program
Files\odb\odb-examples-2.4.0\hello\Release\driver.exe resides? Is it stored
somewhere else I am overlooking?

Here is my environment setup ...

   1. OS = Windows 10 Pro
   2. IDE = Visual Studio 2015 Community
   3. SQLite = C:\Program Files\sqlite\sqlite-autoconf-3090200\sqlite3.c
   4. ODB Compiler = C:\Program Files\odb\odb-2.4.0-i686-windows\bin\odb.exe
   5. ODB Runtime = C:\Program Files\odb\libodb-2.4.0
   6. ODB Hello Example = C:\Program Files\odb\odb-examples-2.4.0\hello
   7. Example Visual Studio .sln File = C:\Program
   Files\odb\odb-examples-2.4.0\examples-sqlite-vc12.sln

Please let me know if I can provide more information and thanks for your
help. I put this question on stackoverflow as well [
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34277120/where-is-the-sqlite-database-file-stored-in-odb-c-example]
so you can respond there too. Sorry for the basic questions. Just trying to
get started.

Thanks,

-Rudy