[odb-users] Re: libcutl repo not exported

MM finjulhich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 10:56:08 EST 2015

On 1 December 2015 at 15:46, MM <finjulhich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 December 2015 at 13:53, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> MM <finjulhich at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Would you be able to bear with me step by step because I found it
>> extremely
>> > difficult:-)
>>
>> Yes, getting a "development build" of ODB is a pretty involved process. If
>> you find it "extremely difficult", perhaps you should use packages pre-
>> releases instead?
>>

>> > What do I do next? Please only 1 step at a time :-)
>>
>> Sorry, I don't have time to feed you the INSTALL files one line at a time.
>> Please follow the instructions and if you run into any problems, let me
>> know (with the detailed description of what led to it).
>>
>> Boris
>>

> Could you please at least tell me if this order of build and install is
> correct:
>
>    1. build/build.git
>    2. cli/cli.git
>    3. odb/odb.git
>    4. odb/libodb.git
>    5. odb/libodb-sqlite.git
>    6. odb/libodb-boost.git
>
> Thanks?

Assuming this is correct, I did:

   1. as root, inside the dir that is the clone of  build/build.git, I did
      1. make install
      2. build was installed in /usr/local as I wished
   2. inside the cli dir, as myself,
      1. make: this asks me questions to which I answer the satisfactory
      defaults
      2. Now it comes to Configuring external dependency on 'libcutl' for
      'cli'.  I have libcutl and libcutl-devel rpm package installed with the
      paths mentioned above in my email.
      What should be the answer to the question make asks:

      Would you like to configure dependency on the installed version of
      'libcutl' as opposed to the development build?

      is Yes correct?