[odb-users] inheritance and derived class transient members

MM finjulhich at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 07:18:48 EDT 2015

On 24 August 2015 at 14:59, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> MM <finjulhich at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > struct Derived : public cloneable<Base,Derived> {
>
> You derive via cloneable which is not a persistent class.
> As a result, all its bases (persistent or not) are also
> ignored. So you will need to add something like this to
> make your example work:
>
> using DerivedBase = cloneable<Base,Derived>;
> #pragma db object(DerivedBase) abstract definition
>
> Boris

using or typedef both trigger the crash that you have fixed in this commit:

http://scm.codesynthesis.com/?p=odb/odb.git;a=commit;h=15995637f9cab6a4d92a2383e2afdba2b48d5f7b

Can you think of a workaround to avoid the crash until I get the next
release of odb?
If not, I'll try to rebuild new packages for fedora

Thanks Boris,