[odb-users] odb compiler crashes when using --options-file in Mac Os X 10.9.5

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Aug 17 13:23:41 EDT 2015

Hi Alexandre,

Alexandre Pretyman <alexandre.pretyman at gmail.com> writes:

> Just a note: I put the spaces inside the options file, the odb compiler
> does not crash, however it doesn't pick up the include directories either.

Yes, that's actually a known limitation. Currently the ODB compiler
does not extract -I/-D options from the option files. The reason
for this is a chicken and egg problem: ODB needs -I options in order
to extract profile search paths (which are option files) before it
can parse the command line. But in order to get the complete set of
-I options, it first needs to parse the complete command line.

There is one exception, however: the default.options file which
is automatically loaded by the ODB compiler (located in etc/odb/
inside the ODB distribution for pre-built binaries). Perhaps that
would be a better place to put all your -I/-D options?