[odb-users] odb compiler crashes when using --options-file in Mac Os X 10.9.5

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Aug 14 11:45:20 EDT 2015

Hi Alexandre,

Alexandre Pretyman <alexandre.pretyman at gmail.com> writes:

> I am using odb compiler with the --options-file flag to add additional
> flags to the compilation in MacOS 10.9.5, however it crashes with "Abort
> trap: 6". If I take these flags and put them in the command line itself, it
> works normally.

I tried your command line/options file and I get this error:

unknown option '-I/Users/discipline/Documents/Projects/StudyBuddy/generated-odb'

Looking inside your options file I see that you are using the -I/foo
format rather than -I /foo. Currently, inside option files, ODB can
only handle -I /foo (and -D foo). After changing this, I was able
to run your command line on a test file without any errors.

Of courser the question that goes unanswered is why you get SIGABRT
instead of the error message like I do. My only idea is that the
exception handling is not working in ODB on your Mac OS version for
some reason (wouldn't be surprised at all; these days Mac OS is worse
than Windows). Any chance you could run that command line under the
debugger and get a stack trace?