[odb-users] Problem with ODB in QtCreator and MingW

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Apr 27 12:59:57 EDT 2015

Hi Jan,

t-online <jan.k.pi at t-online.de> writes:

> I try what you say and the ODB-Compiler creates the 4 files but i
> can't execute the program after compiling it.

Ok, so the ODB compiler is working. I think the latest problem is
due to you building the ODB runtime libraries (libodb, libodb-sqlite)
using GCC that comes with ODB rather than the one that comes with
QtCreator.

If you can, try not to use MinGW/MSYS that comes with the ODB
compiler. If you don't have MSYS as part of your QtCreator,
then use ODB's MSYS but be very careful to use GCC from your
Qt distribution and not from ODB. Specifically, use the CXX
option to specify the full path to g++, for example:

./configure CXX=/c/qtcreator/path/to/where/qt/mingw/is/installed/bin/g++

Also, check the output of the QtCreator build and add any
options that may affect the resulting library (e.g., -m32/-m64,
-std, etc).