[odb-users] Boost Date Time version for ODB

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Apr 14 10:19:32 EDT 2015

Hi Thomas,

Matthews, Thomas <tmatthews at appliedmedical.com> writes:

> 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_date_time-vc100-mt-gd-1_50.lib'
>
> I'm using Visual Studio 2010 and I can't find where this library
> is referenced.

With Visual Studio, Boost uses compiler pragmas to automatically
link to the correct library if/when required.

> I've checked the properties page of libodb-boost-vc10.sln and it
> is not listed as an input to the Linker.

No, libodb-boost does not link to Boost Date-time library. It is
your application that links to it (via the above mentioned pragmas).

> I build the Boost 1.50 library.
> I have "libboost_date_time-vc110-mt-gd-1_50.lib"
>
> So how do I tell ODB to use the vc110 lib and not the vc100 lib?

I think this is where the problem is: you are using VC 10 (aka 2010)
while your Boost library is built with VC11 (aka 2012). This has
nothing to do with ODB.

The correct solution is to build Date-time with VC10, the same
version as your application. Normally opening the command prompt
for VC10 command line tools and using the 'msvc' toolset should
do the trick. Or you can try 'msvc-10.0'.