[odb-users] odb - stored procedure issue

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sun Sep 7 18:02:10 EDT 2014

Hi Anthony,

Ha, Anthony <Anthony.Ha at ga-asi.com> writes:

> Appreciate any pointer on getting stored procedure called from ODB
> "view" to work on mySql

The bad news is MySQL stored procedures require some extra work in
the runtime (i.e., one cannot just handle them like SELECT, which is
the case in, say, PostgreSQL and SQL Server).

The good news is I've added this support (will be in the next ODB release)
and also described how everything works (and the limitations) in the ODB
manual.

So what I suggest you do is check the new section in the manual to
see if the new support is sufficient for your use case. I've uploaded
the updated .pdf here:

http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/odb/odb-manual.pdf

Look at section 17.7.

If this looks good, then you can let me know which platform you
are on and I can build you pre-release packages with this support.