[odb-users] Gentoo ebuilds and overlay

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Sep 1 03:11:11 EDT 2014

Hi Timo,

Timo Rothenpieler <timo at rothenpieler.org> writes:

> I updated the old odb 2.2.0 gentoo ebuilds to the current versions and
> put them into an overlay:

Thanks! Do you think it makes sense to create a Wiki page for using ODB
on Gentoo? It doesn't seems like this is "discoverable" from Gentoo itself
by someone looking for ODB ebuilds.

> The ebuilds for libodb-mssql and the examples were removed, because it
> seems like the neccesary dependencies for mssql were removed from portage.

Yes, this makes sense. I was surprised this was possible initially since
the Microsoft's ODBC driver for Linux is proprietary.