[odb-users] Initial load with join

Sean Clarke sean.clarke at sec-consulting.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 08:47:06 EDT 2014

Hi,
   doing some more evaluation with ODB, I don't know if I have missed
something - but is there a way to perform initial loads with a  join?
Similiar to teh Hibernate eager cache..... as an example:

3 classes and tables:

Job
JobSheet
Address

A job has a jobsheet and an address: When I load a job is there away to get
the other two entities populated from the same initial load. Presently I
seem to get 3 separate SQL statements per load and this hugely effects
performance, especially over a WAN.

In Hibernate you can set the one-to-one mappings to be eagerly loaded and
the initial load would be structured with a join meaning only one query is
needed.

Is this possible with ODB?

Many thanks

Regards