[odb-users] error: SQLite does not support altering of columns. info: first altered column is 'password' in table 'user', but field password is not being altered

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Oct 27 06:54:18 EDT 2014

Hi Rafal,

Rafal Gm <grasmanek94 at gmail.com> writes:

> I just moved the code that doesn't change that much to the top as much
> as possible in the class and my current file compiles too.

One thing that is unusual about your code is that you use macros to
create the list of data members. If you look at the database table
that is generated by ODB, you will notice that the list of columns
doesn't match that of the data members, which is normally the case.

It turns out that from 4.7.0, GCC keeps track of macro expansion and
ODB wasn't handling it properly. Thus the re-ordering. I have fixed
this for the next release and it is possible that somehow this caused
your initial problem, though I doubt it: you can re-order your data
members in a class and it should not cause any schema changes. I've
also tested your example before and after fixing this bug, and in
both cases everything was working fine.