[odb-users] libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught foreign exception

Christian Sell christian at gsvitec.com
Mon Oct 27 04:18:17 EDT 2014

> Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> hat am 27. Oktober 2014 um 07:49
> geschrieben:
> BTW, how did you resolve this? Did you force QtCreator to use libc++
> or did you re-build the ODB runtimes to use libstdc++? In the latter
> case I wonder if Qt uses the system libstdc++ (found in /usr/lib on
> my machine) or ships its own version (which will be a yet another
> level of pain in the butt).

we encountered this with boost and OxOrm, not with ODB. At that time, we
resolved it by forcing the libraries onto libstdc++. We have now turned to
configuring QMake to use libc++ (qmake.conf, something along the lines of
QMAKE_MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 10.9, not 10.7). Just spent half a day recently
since I didnt know this change had been done by a colleague..

No, I think Qt uses the system libstdc++

regards,
Christian