[odb-users] libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught foreign exception

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sat Oct 25 01:58:40 EDT 2014

Hi Adnan,

Adnan RIHAN <axel50397 at gmail.com> writes:

> > ../../odb-2.3.0-i686-macosx/bin/odb: error: unable to extract
> profile paths
>
> This error tells me that MAYBE yosemite has a problem. So I’ll
> try on my host “Maverick”.

Yes, this looks like the same problem we had with the beta. I will
have to look into this when I get access to Yosemite.

> Now I’ll Qt-Creator to compile my project:
> > Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:

Ok, so you have compiled the ODB runtimes and example with clang
and everything works fine. Then you tried to use the same runtime
builds from Qt-Creator and you got this linker error. To me this
sounds like Qt-Creator:

1. Either builds the project with another compiler. Maybe it uses
   its own clang or gcc?

2. Or it builds using system clang but with some options that make
   it incompatible with the default build of the ODB runtimes.

In either case we need to get the exact clang command line, with
the executable name and all the options, that is executed by
Qt-Creator. Ideally, I would like to see the complete list of
commands that Qt-Creator executes to build your project (i.e.,
both the C++ compilation and the link command that fails).