[odb-users] odb: error: unable to locate options file for profile 'qt' (-p)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Oct 2 08:36:20 EDT 2014

Hi Adnan,

Adnan RIHAN <axel50397 at gmail.com> writes:

> odb: error: unable to locate options file for profile ‘qt'

Run ODB with the -v option. This, besides other things, will print
a list of profile search paths. One of these paths should be where
you have installed your libodb-qt headers. Check that there is the
qt.options file in this path. If it is not there, try re-installing
libodb-qt (e.g., make install) and study the output to see if
qt.options is installed and if so, where.

> Maybe my fate doesn’t want me to use ODB, which is a shame...

I believe your source of problems is trying (and changing) too many things
at once without ever trying to get to the bottom of why things don't work.