[odb-users] Issue on OSX 10.10 (Yosemite)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Nov 27 05:23:20 EST 2014

Hi David,

David Sarrut <David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr> writes:

> Boris : it is not clear for me what you suggested. Do you suggest I
> install odb executable with brew, but the lib odb and libodb-sqlite by
> recompiling source from the package from the web site :
> http://www.codesynthesis.com/download/odb/2.3/libodb-2.3.0.tar.gz ?

Yes, here is a step-by-step guide on the second part (building runtimes):

http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2014-October/002156.html

[Also remember to use clang++, not g++, to build your application].

Also, just for reference (if someone else is reading this), this is
how to do the same but using libstdc++ runtime instead of the
default (for clang) libc++ (this seem to be currently necessary
if you are building your application from QtCreator):

http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2014-October/002166.html

> Boris : does a new binary package is planned for OSX/Yosemite ?

Yes, I was hoping not to have to build it for 2.3.0 and just do it
for the upcoming 2.4.0 release. But if the Brew approach doesn't
work, I might have to bite the bullet. Let me know if the above
doesn't work.