[odb-users] Build libodbc-qt on OSX with Qt5.2.1

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri May 9 15:15:39 EDT 2014

Hi Adnan,

Adnan RIHAN <axel50397 at gmail.com> writes:

> It says is can’t find "<QtCore/QString>", but with Frameworks we
> directly have access to "<QString>"

ODB actually knows about frameworks and configure tries to use
the -framework option. This works with Qt 4.x packaged as a
framework and the main reason we include Qt headers with the
QtCore/ prefix is because that's the only way to make it work
with Qt 4.x as a framework. And it seems they have changed that
in Qt 5.x to be completely opposite. Can you confirm this for
me by trying to build the following two sample programs:

// sample1.cxx
#include <QtCore/QString>
int main () {}

// sample2.cxx
#include <QString>
int main () {}

Can you try the following compiler invocations and tell me which
work for you?

clang++ -c sample1.cxx
clang++ -framework QtCore sample1.o

clang++ -framework QtCore -c sample1.cxx
clang++ -framework QtCore sample1.o

clang++ -c sample2.cxx
clang++ -framework QtCore sample2.o

clang++ -framework QtCore -c sample2.cxx
clang++ -framework QtCore sample2.o