[odb-users] Prologue Order

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jan 30 23:17:41 EST 2014

Hi Sachin,

Sachin Kumar <sachnk at gmail.com> writes:

> My application uses precompiled headers, which means I must include
> the precompiled header at the beginning of each cxx file.
>
> The --cxx-prologue option would ideally solve this. However, the prologue
> isn't the true prologue as it seems ODB is including <odb/pre.hxx> first,
> and then user defined prologues.

Yes, I see the problem. I can't think of a reason why we must have
prologues/epilogues inside pre/post so I am going to change this for
the next release.

> Is there a workaround for this?

Unfortunately, the only workaround is to temporarily (until the next
version of ODB) disable precompiled headers for generated files.
Alternatively, I can build you a pre-release binary of the ODB
compiler with the fix.